**Maximum monthly requests cannot exceed $2,000.**
**Deadline is December 27, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.**
To qualify under the terms of the grant, local non-profits must:
1) Be a registered 501(c)(3) organization with a federal determination letter
2) Serve the community in the areas of education, financial stability, health, or essential/basic needs
3) Use requested grant awards in Washington County, MD for Washington County residents only
4) Use requested grant awards for equipment and/or materials needed to address an emergency or unexpected project or program expense
5) Be able to expend funds for requested use within 30 to 60 days of award (with supporting documentation)
Examples of requests that qualify for grant awards include replacement of equipment due to irreparable failure, repair of equipment, replacement of items lost due to natural disaster or other major event, unanticipated shortfall of funding donations such as federal/state or local grant discontinuation/termination, and unanticipated community need items. Grants are not meant for start-up costs, fundraising events, marketing materials or expenses. Operational expenses will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Application Statement for Signature
By signing below, I acknowledge as an approved representative of the named non-profit agency that the above is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I also acknowledge that if the agency is awarded a grant under the Live United. Urgent Needs Grant Program, we agree to provide the following information within the designated time frames. If we fail to meet these requirements, I acknowledge that the agency shall be required to reimburse the UWWC for any grant funds received in this urgent need grant agreement.
- Expend the funds within 30 to 60 days of grant award disbursement.
- Within 90 days provide a grant report to include paid receipt for the items or program(s) funded in the grant.
- When possible, provide a picture of the materials, or program(s) funded, for promotional and public relations purposes.
- Failure to provide documentation will result in the ineligibility for future funding until received.
- Failure to provide documentation within 6 months of grant award disbursement will result in the agency being required to refund UWWC for the entire grant amount.
- Notify the UWWC of any issues that prevents the agency from completing these requirements as defined above. Include requests for consideration on how to address the issue for the CI Committee’s review and determination.
- Ex: Item to be purchased has been placed on backorder and a substitute is not available within the 60-day window for expenditure.