GEAR UP FOR UNITED WAY'S SUMMER LEAD AND LEARN
When: July 30 – August 3 and August 6 – 10, 2018, Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The program is for 2 weeks. If you would like your child to attend but he/she is only able to attend one-week, please email Mark Weldon or call him at 301.739.8200 x 101.
- Participants can be dropped off beginning at 8:00 a.m. and should arrive no later than 8:40 a.m.
- Participants can be picked up beginning at 4:45 p.m. and must be picked up no later than 5:15 p.m.
Where: Drop-off and pick-up will be at United Way of Washington County, 83 West Washington Street, Suite 101, Hagerstown, MD each day. From there, we will travel to various locations throughout Washington County.
ARE YOU READY TO PARTICIPATE IN A SUMMER PROGRAM THAT GIVES YOU HANDS-ON EXPERIENCES AND OPPORTUNITIES? IF SO, THIS IS THE PROGRAM FOR YOU.
Participants will learn about specific problems found throughout the community and that align with United Way's focus on education, financial stability, basic needs, and health and how they may affect change and make a difference. The sessions include hands-on learning and include a healthy mix of recreation.
- By attending Summer Lead and Learn participants will:
- Develop new (or enhance current) leadership skills.
- Gain real-world understanding of current-event issues that affect our community and individuals.
- Learn to utilize leadership skills through hands-on activities.
- Meet individuals who are interested in leadership development; gaining knowledge and understanding about their community; and experiencing worthwhile activities.
- Begin preparing today for your future!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Summer Lead & Learn session is $300 per participant. A non-refundable $150 deposit is required to reserve a spot and is due with registration. Please review program packet for more information related to the program, including registration deposit, payment, and refund policy.
- You can make your deposit of $150 or full payment of $300 via our secure online site or mail check payable to United Way of Washington County, c/o Summer Lead and Learn, 83 West Washington Street, Suite 101, Hagerstown, MD 21740.
- If paying via our secure online page, please be sure to mark SLL and participant's full name on the "Where would you like your gift to go?" line.
- If paying by check, please be sure to mark SLL and participant's full name on the memo line of the check.
- Each participant must submit a completed Release, Informed Consent and Waiver of Liability. This form may be mailed to United Way at the address above or scanned and sent to email@example.com. This waiver is due to the United Way office no later than July 6, 2018.
- There may be other waivers and forms sent to you at a later date as programming and activities are confirmed.
- Complete the online registration form by clicking below.
|Participant (Deposit)||$ 150.00|
|Participant (Final Payment)||$ 150.00|
|Participant (Paid in Full)||$ 300.00|