Gear up for United Way's Summer Lead & Learn
When: June 19 - 23 and June 26 - June 30, 2017, Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Participants can be dropped off beginning at 8:00 a.m. and no later than 8:40 a.m.
Participants can be picked up beginning at 4:45 p.m. and must be picked up no later than 5:15 p.m. The session is for 2 weeks.
Where: United Way of Washington County, 33 West Franklin Street, Suite 203, Hagerstown, MD and various locations throughout the county.
If you would like your child to attend but he/she is only able to attend one-week, please email Emily or call her at 301.739.8200 x 10.
Are you ready to participate in a summer program that gives you hands-on experiences and opportunities? If so, this is the program for you.
Participants will learn about specific problems found throughout the community and that align with United Way's focus on education, financial stability & basic needs, and health and how they may affect change and make a difference. The sessions include hands-on learning and includes a healthy mix of recreation.
By attending Summer Lead & Learn participants will:
- Develop new (or enhance current) leadership skills.
- Gain real-world understanding of current-event issues that affect our community and individuals.
- Learn to utilize leadership skills through hands-on activities.
- Meet individuals who are interested in leadership development; gaining knowledge and understanding about their community; and experiencing worthwhile activities.
- Begin preparing today for your future!
Click here for the complete schedule of events and activities!
Who can participate?
Students 11 - 16 years old that live and/or go to school in Washington County.
Participants must go to school in Washington County OR the primary parent must work in Washington County. Preference will be given to Washington County residents. Non-residents will be considered based on space availability.
How do I register?
- Complete the online registration form for your child.
- Submit deposit or pay in full.
- Submit all required forms.
Okay, are you ready to register?
Please follow all instructions and complete the following registration for each participant you are enrolling. Please note there are documents you must download, complete and return for the registration to be final. Only completed registrations will be honored. All applicants will receive information after registration is closed.